Are you a candidate for Dental Sedation?
Sedation Dentistry is especially useful for patients who have:
- Fear of dental treatment
- Difficulty getting numb
- A very sensitive gag reflex or difficulty opening
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Complex dental problems or a need for surgery
How Does Sedation Work?
- All anesthesia is administered and monitored by board certified and fully licensed anesthesiologist, Dr. Avishai Neuman.
- A combination of sedatives and pain relievers are given intravenously to place you in a state of complete relaxation and comfort.
- Beyond creating an optimal environment for you, the patient, dentistry with IV Sedation also allows us to complete multiple procedures in one appointment.
- IV sedation is more reliable and the effects are immediate.
- It allows the dentist to administer the exact right amount of sedation.
- Your recovery will be quicker than with oral sedation.
- You will not remember or be aware of any procedures or especially “getting numb.” You breathe on your own; this is not like the hospital anesthesia where a machine breathes for you.